Making the "Direct Descendant" Report:
- Pull down the Reports menu and choose Charts and then choose Box Charts
- Click the Start Person button and from the next screen locate the ancestor that you wish to use as the person you wish to see your lineage chart from.
In this example, I chose John Howland, one of my Mayflower passengers
- Uncheck the "Include photos" box.
- Click the "Chart Type" Button and choose Descendants.
- In the "Generations" box, choose at least 13 or 14.
- Click the "Box Style" button, the "Box Style" dialog box overlaps the previous screen as shown here.
- In the "Border Type" box, choose None and click OK. This closes this dialog box and returns you to the previous box. (See that screen shot above)
- In the "Format" button, choose Name and events word wrapped as shown above.
Optional: I click the "Index button" to the right of this dialog box to choose "no name index" and "no place" index.
- Click "Generate Report"
- This report can be printed or saved. I save mine in PDF format.