Yesterday was quite a productive day.
I worked on the removable labels that I use for the photographs in the album that I have been keeping as a Chapter Scrapbook for my DAR Chapter. I am historian and I maintain the photos that I take and others give me of our meetings and any special events. There's a separate 3 ring notebook that I have created to hold the certificate, newspaper clippings, chapter meeting newsletter and the like. I need to find time to create another one for the materials given to me by the last historian. Her photograph album is lovely and complete but the other materials need work.
I answered a question via email from a reader of this blog about online learning. He wants to talk to me via phone about my experience with my graduate classes and any genealogy courses I have taken. I explained the GenClass course I am almost finished with but I think he wants more of an interactive experience.
I wrote the "Angry Father" section of my ancestor narrative that I am creating.
I installed Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 on this aging desktop computer and read the two book chapters on printing a contact sheet. I printed a contact sheet for the Benjamin Burrows Cemetery photographs that I am researching and blogging about. It added the filename and the date with a photo large enough to see which gravestone it is. I made a photo photocopy of it,
I read all my blogs in Bloglines, found a Tweet from a funeral director and followed him to expand my cemetery knowledge, backed up some files to my external hard drive which completed my day.